26 February 2020
CIMB also tops the ASEAN local currency bonds league table for ninth (9th) consecutive year in 2019
Kuala Lumpur: CIMB Group (“the Group” or “CIMB”) garnered five notable awards at the 13th Alpha Southeast Asia Best Deal & Solution Awards 2019 for its strong and innovative capabilities across the ASEAN capital markets, equities, and trade finance space, including “Best Bond House in Southeast Asia” - an award CIMB has won seven (7) out of the eight (8) years since 2012.
Established in 2007, Alpha Southeast Asia is the first and only institutional investment magazine focused on Southeast Asia, targeted at institutional investors in the US, Europe and the Asia Pacific.
Commenting on the win, Shahnaz Jammal, CEO of Group Wholesale Banking, CIMB Group, said, “We are honoured to receive these awards and humbled by the vote of confidence by our clients across ASEAN. These awards are a testament to CIMB’s strong in-house capabilities, deep ASEAN expertise and continued commitment to deliver the best and most innovative investment solutions tailored to each of our client’s unique funding and business needs. We owe this recognition to our clients' trust and continuous support, as well as our team’s consistent effort in making CIMB a leading ASEAN universal bank.”
The Alpha Southeast Asia Best Deal & Solution Awards are given out to local and foreign banks in Southeast Asia using a fair, robust and informative methodology. The 13th edition of the awards saw a number of additional criteria incorporated to tighten the eligibility.
The full list of awards won by CIMB is as follows:
1. Best Bond House in Southeast Asia (2019) – CIMB
2. Best Islamic Finance Deal in Southeast Asia – CIMB Investment Bank as Sole Principal Adviser, Sole Lead Arranger & Joint Lead Manager
Digi Telecommunications’ RM900 Million Sukuk Murabahah
3. Best Islamic ABS-backed Sukuk – CIMB Investment Bank as Joint Principal Advisers, Joint Lead Arrangers & Joint Lead Managers
Zamarad Assets’ RM2 Billion (US$265 Million issue size) Sukuk Murabahah ABS
4. Best Secondary Deal & Best Convertible Securities in Southeast Asia – CIMB Investment Bank as Joint Global Coordinators & Joint Underwriters
Sapura Energy RM3,978.8 Million (US$955 Million) Rights Issue with Warrants & New
Islamic Redeemable Convertible Preference Shares in SEB
5. Best Refinancing Deal in Southeast Asia – CIMB Thai Bank as Lead Arrangers
Thai Bev THB53 Billion (US$1.74 Billion) Unsubordinated & Unsecured Debt